B6.2 – The Environmental impact assessment report of V1 NPP Decommissioning
Scope of the project:
The EIA report is the basic document in the environmental impact assessment process for V1 NPP decommissioning. This report is evaluating the environmental impacts of V1 NPP decommissioning and discussing the following decommissioning alternatives which have been assessed and compared with regards to their environmental impact:
– Safe enclosure under surveillance
– Reactor safe enclosure
– Immediate dismantling
– Zero alternative (i.e. if the ‘Intention’ will not be performed).
Role of company in the project:
– Development of the Environmental Impact Assessment Report.
– Development and implementation of a Public Consultation and Disclosure Plan (PCDP), including a Project’s scoping meeting at the beginning of the assessment,
– Development of the Non-technical summary,
– Support the Client to manage the public consultation process,
– Respond to all comments presented by statutory bodies and the public during the public consultation process.
– Results of the B6.2 project, were an essential key issue necessary to obtain decommissioning license for 1st stage,
– all inhabitants of affected area (5km around NPP) were fully informed about influence of decommissioning process , so after of decommissioning works was no protest from the side of inhabitants.